View Single Post
Old 19th February 2021, 15:05   #98
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardmk View Post
Very sorry to hear that Rick. That at least makes me feel I'm not going crazy. I've got both door cards off and am going over everything on the locks, but so far can't see anything obviously wrong. I'm planning some tests with a fully charged battery later on this weekend and will post reports, but I was so grateful to get back into the car without having to go through the awkward 'feel for the bonnet cable' technique. She's in the garage now with the doors open and the battery disconnected just in case the random battery drain destroys another new battery while I'm not looking
Right managed to get mine sorted.

Had to put jump leads on the starter motor and slam panel from underneath and connected to my spare battery and the car powered up straight away.

As soon as I had power the hazard lights were flashing as the alarm was going off but no sound from my BBUS unit as it's dead (got a replacement one on it's way at the moment).

So seems like the alarm must have been going off which must have drained the battery to completely dead (the battery voltage dropping below a certain level must have set the alarm off at some point over night), but I checked through my security camera footage and the hazard lights weren't flashing at any point during the night.

Immediately after connecting the jump leads and having power to the car I was able to unlock it with the fob. All doors unlocked fine. And was now able to unlock the car using the key in the driver's door as well.

Had the jump leads on for about 5 minutes and then as soon as I disconnected them all power completely died, so the battery must have been completely drained.

I've fitted the spare battery for the moment which unlocks the car and starts it fine, the other battery is currently on trickle charge and will test it once it's fully charged.

The battery had only been on the car since August last year. I had noticed recently on a few occasions over the last week on the first start up of the day the car would turn over a bit slowly, but then on other days it would fire up fine. Maybe due to the lack of longer journeys, but it has had a couple good runs recently.

Have you tried connecting a known good battery to the ZTT? I think the problem with you not being able to unlock certain doors may be due to the battery being no good?

The battery fitted to your ZTT was this one: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROVER-75-...72.m2749.l2649

I've used these for about 7 or 8 years now. The last two I bought have been for your ZTT and redfive. Although I've not had any problem with these batteries until now, I'm wondering if they're not as good quality as the ones I'd bought from the seller previously? Just because we both have had the same problem and both have the same battery model fitted.

Also, does anyone know, if I lock the car with the fob so that it's alarmed and the alarm then goes off, does this prevent me from being able to unlock the car using the key in the door? So the only way to now unlock the car is by using the fob to disable the alarm? is this some sort of security feature?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 152005244_460749921725439_7922767180634375352_n.jpg (139.6 KB, 11 views)
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote