Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26th January 2016, 09:32   #1
Royboy52919

Rover 75 Tourer

Default Cruise control questions for a newbie

Hello chaps

My first post

I have a 75 tourer cdti (2005) 131 auto

I would like to retrofit cruise control and from reading here, I believe I have grasped the basic idea

I believe I need:

New ice, horn and cruise control steering wheel buttons which I have ordered from the very useful Ebay. Does it matter which model 75 they came off? Diesel or petrol?

A cruise control ecu for a diesel to be fitted behind the dash I think the model number is scb 100211. Again ordered from eBay.

I will also need a cruise control dash switch to be fitted between the heated seat switches on the lower dash. In this case I think I am lucky because my tourer is one of the last made and has a special button in the centre that is supposed to be used to contact a call centre? For route guidance - this still calls out to a telephone number that is never answered - this indicates to me that there is a dedicated mobile sim somewhere in the car!. Anyway I Think and hope that the existing button is the same cutout size as the cc button so fitting should be straightforward?

There is some mention of a brake light switch too - please advise? Mine is an auto box.

As the car has electric seats which iare also heated - I am hoping therefore that the necessary cruise control wiring harness is in place.

Any help or advice would be most welcome.

I am also considering the 160 remap talked about so well here.

I am based in Macclesfield is there someone not too far away that is recommended to do this?

What does this do to insurance premiums? I am 52 with a clean record and full no claims protected?

I am considering this upgrade for improved fuel economy more than performance - any comments or advice welcome.

I know (from simple arithmetic) that my car was in the last 145 to be built overall - is it possible to discover how close to the last tourer it was?

Cheers guys

Looking forward to your replies

Roy
Royboy52919 is offline   Reply With Quote