Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th January 2016, 17:59   #21
gazcaz
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-sta View Post
Thanks for the info above Jeff, may look into adding some of those bits in the future

right I made a start on fitting the Navall 3 today and came across quite a few issues below:

1. the metal brackets on the top left and right of the Navall appear to be too wide so I couldn't get the navall to fit in place, I had to trim some of the bracket off with a hacksaw but it's still too wide so will have to trim some more tomorrow. Has anyone else had the same issue?
Yes i found the same to mine still doesnt sit 100% straight yet.

2. The ipod cable is too short so will no longer reach the head unit from my centre cubby where I store my ipod. Is there an extension cable available?
I use USB STICK.

3. My steering wheel controls won't work. I had the old infrared steering wheel controls with my original factory fitted Kenwood unit, so I followed some instructions on here and removed the infrared module and wired the black and blue/purple wires to the two wires attached to the red plug of the Navall 3 wiring. I tried setting up the steering controls under the settings option but no luck
Yes thats right bud black to black other color to other color,but dont forget to press and hold buttons when programming as per instructions mine works fine.

4. My sub woofer isn't working with the Navall 3. The remote cable is working so it's switching my amp on but no sound from the sub. I bought a Y splitter for the RCA cable and connected my red and white wire from the amp to the green subwoofer cable on the Naval 3 loom. The sub volume is set to full on the headunit equaliser as well.

Been flicking through the various options and settings on the Navall 3 and it all looks very impressive. Look forward to getting to use the various options on it soon

Also, the magnetic GPS signal receiver I left attached to the metal bar running horizontally across the dash behind the head unit. Will this be okay signal wise, I've read a few members leaving the receiver there but whilst having a quick play with the navigation on my driveway it said "GPS signal lost" quite a few times over about 10 minutes.
Thats where mine is and i have tested it all okay down here make sure its screwed in well.

Thanks
IM asking other questions like Font color change as my wallpapers are bright and white fonts dont show up well enough...

234th of 2,834 Trophy Blue ZT 190 + Saloons Produced
14th of 27 MG ZTs Produced on 27-09-2001
gazcaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2016, 22:46   #22
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts
Default IPOD/SD card problems.

some more questions from me in regards to getting my music running with the navall 3.

I connected my ipod to the navall however the unit seems to be extremely limited with it's integration with the ipod. The navall will only let me choose by either artists, albums or by songs. It won't let me view or select my playlists. This is pretty dissapointing and quite frustrating as my 10 year old Alpine unit and my dad's Wince unit are both able to pick up a lot more from my ipods including playlists, genres etc, both using the same kind of ipod cable as the one connected to the Navall 3 and my ipods. Is there any way the navall can play my playlists from my ipod?

Also, every time I turn on the navall and select the ipod application, the ipod is being loaded each time, so it spends a good few minutes loading my 3000+ songs, artists and album names data. Should it be doing this every time? Both my alpine and Wince unit pick up the ipod instantly. It wouldn't be an issue if you only have a couple hundered songs on the ipod but when you have more than 3000 it takes a while.

Just seems a big step backwards in regards to ipod connectivity which is a bit dissapointing as thats the only thing I've used to play my music in a car for several years now. If there's another application I can download that will work better with my ipod that would be great.

Also, as an alternative to using my ipod, I tried out using a 32gb micro SD card. After a couple hours of playing about I've managed to work out a way for the navall to identify playlists on the SD card. In case anyone is interested in how to do this, it's a matter of drag and drop all of my music folders onto the SD card and then exporting all of my playlists as .M3U files from itunes and saving them onto the SD card. Luckily the Navall identifies the .M3U files as playlists which then show up on the Navall. At first it just kept bundling all of my music together and now showing playlists until I read up online about saving playlists as M3U files.

One issue with the music app though is that it is also picking up all of the navigation sound files. It seems like the music app is trying to find music files from all storage devices rather than just my SD card. is there a way to prevent the Music app from detecting the Navigation sound files?

If there is a way to get better integration of my ipod with the Navall 3 that would be really helpful and much better for me. I keep all my music on itunes and keep them sorted within playlists on there, so as you can imagine having to manually update the playlists on the SD card everytime I download a new album or songs would be a bit of a task everytime.

Thanks!
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2016, 22:52   #23
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

Have you tried simply bluetoothing the ipod output to the navall and using it as btaudio...
Old 4th January 2016, 22:58   #24
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by klarzy-dials.com View Post
Have you tried simply bluetoothing the ipod output to the navall and using it as btaudio...
both my ipods dont have blutooth unfortunately. I have a 32gb 2nd generation ipod touch and a stone age ipod classic with the black and white screen which still works!

Last edited by Rick-sta; 4th January 2016 at 23:02..
Old 4th January 2016, 23:02   #25
Rick-sta
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-sta View Post
both my ipods dont have blutooth unfortunately. I have a 32gb 2nd generation ipod touch and a stone age ipod classic with the black and white screen which still works!
actually, just had a look up online and apparently a software update enabled blutooth on the 2nd gen ipod touch, I'll have to check this tomorrow to
Old 5th January 2016, 21:26   #26
Rick-sta
This is my second home

unfortunately the blutooth won't work on my ipod so won't be able to run it that way
Old 7th January 2016, 20:28   #27
werdna232002
Avid contributor

ZTT 2.0 cdti 135

sorry to hijack your thread rick, but i had issues with installing some apps on navall 3. it says... there is a problem parsing the package. i have already ticked install from unknown sources but still does the same.
werdna232002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2016, 17:53   #28
gazcaz
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by werdna232002 View Post
sorry to hijack your thread rick, but i had issues with installing some apps on navall 3. it says... there is a problem parsing the package. i have already ticked install from unknown sources but still does the same.

Hi read this.......http://www.smarttricks.net/fix-there...ng-the-package

234th of 2,834 Trophy Blue ZT 190 + Saloons Produced
14th of 27 MG ZTs Produced on 27-09-2001
gazcaz is offline   Reply With Quote