Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 5th April 2024, 12:04   #1
FrattonEnder
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Default Boot floors

Since getting a ZTT to complement my ZT, I've been intrigued by the difference in the boot floors. While the ZTT seems to have a well thought out load space, with easily accessible tool space, lift assisted floor and space to stash the essential 'junk' (boost pack, spare bulbs and the like), the saloon in contrast seems to be just 'a bit of MDF and carpet'. Aside from the good old cost considerations, does anyone know why the saloon's boot appears so poorly thought out?
Next question. Is it possible to retro fit a tourer's floor into a saloon without to much hacking about? Curious more than anything.
Old 5th April 2024, 12:07   #2
pletevl
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 cdti(rhd), MG ZR(lhd), MG TF(lhd), MG TF(rhd), mini mpi (lhd), Renault megane III (awful)

The tourer was put out when BMW had gone, there's your answer :-)
pletevl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2024, 12:29   #3
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

I have seen the tourer boot floor storage retrofitted to a saloon model. If I remember rightly he also fitted the lift strut for the boot floor and the side storage pockets. Looked great but it did raise the level of the boot floor so means less storage space in the boot itself, especially if you have the HK subwoofer.

I rebuilt the boot false floor in both my ZTs to be a bit more like the tourer boot floor where just the middle section lifts up to access the spare wheel, saves having to empty the whole boot. Fitted a handle from a Mercedes as well.
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2024, 12:30   #4
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-sta View Post
I have seen the tourer boot floor storage retrofitted to a saloon model. If I remember rightly he also fitted the lift strut for the boot floor and the side storage pockets. Looked great but it did raise the level of the boot floor so means less storage space in the boot itself, especially if you have the HK subwoofer.

I rebuilt the boot false floor in both my ZTs to be a bit more like the tourer boot floor where just the middle section lifts up to access the spare wheel, saves having to empty the whole boot. Fitted a handle from a Mercedes as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 434464527_1109435490178437_8335261189265329644_n.jpg (136.9 KB, 60 views)
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2024, 12:48   #5
FrattonEnder
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by pletevl View Post
The tourer was put out when BMW had gone, there's your answer :-)
Explains a lot. Why make something more premium to challenge the 'perceived' premium nature of the owner brand.
Old 5th April 2024, 12:53   #6
FrattonEnder
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-sta View Post
Nice job that Rick. I am tempted. I don't need to worry about the sub in my ZT, and the loss of depth isn't a major issue - that's why the ZTT was bought. Getting the entire boot emptied just to get access to something stashed below is a pain.