Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 31st May 2018, 16:14   #11
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-sta View Post
The injectors are down as far as they can go and the clamps are in the right way i have made that mistake before.

The only other thing ive changed is the rocker cover as mine had a split in it. Now to remove the rocker cover you have to unbolt the injector clamp threads, when refitting the replacement cover i've done up the threads as much as they will go with medium power without doing them up too tight as they seem like they could easily snap. The threads have like a rubber ring at the bottom so ive tighed them up to the point where they grip the rubber but not any tighter. Is this how much i should tighten the threads for the clamps, or should they be tightened to the point they squeeze the rubber washers?
you have not disturbed the crank / cam sensor wiring while doing this rick?
Old 31st May 2018, 16:18   #12
TomRS
Posted a thing or two

Mk1 ZT 190 - Mk2 ZS 180 - Mercedes E63 AMG S - Ford Ranger Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-sta View Post
The injectors are down as far as they can go and the clamps are in the right way i have made that mistake before.

The only other thing ive changed is the rocker cover as mine had a split in it. Now to remove the rocker cover you have to unbolt the injector clamp threads, when refitting the replacement cover i've done up the threads as much as they will go with medium power without doing them up too tight as they seem like they could easily snap. The threads have like a rubber ring at the bottom so ive tighed them up to the point where they grip the rubber but not any tighter. Is this how much i should tighten the threads for the clamps, or should they be tightened to the point they squeeze the rubber washers?
From memory im not 100% sure Rick... sorry, i think they do need a good nip but nothing too extravagant.
Wasnt trying to say you were an idiot doing them backwards but that one had me stumped for a good 45min one night hahahaha!
As Klarzy said, hows the crank sensor?

Humour us all and refit your old injectors? if you still cant get it to start.. as that will at least rule out an injector issue... pain in the bum i know but as always with these things its process of elimination.
TomRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2018, 16:19   #13
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by klarzy View Post
you have not disturbed the crank / cam sensor wiring while doing this rick?
Havent touched the crank sensor and that being so far away down by the starter motor i dont think that would be affected. The cam sensor originally was the one which came with the rocker cover so thought it could be that, replaced it with my original one but didnt solve the issue
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2018, 16:23   #14
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomRS View Post
From memory im not 100% sure Rick... sorry, i think they do need a good nip but nothing too extravagant.
Wasnt trying to say you were an idiot doing them backwards but that one had me stumped for a good 45min one night hahahaha!
As Klarzy said, hows the crank sensor?

Humour us all and refit your old injectors? if you still cant get it to start.. as that will at least rule out an injector issue... pain in the bum i know but as always with these things its process of elimination.
I know mate lol i realised what id done when i fitted the clamps upside down a fee years ago as when i cranked it diesel was being sprayed out from the injectors

I can't refit my old ones as they were really siezed and wouldnt budge, so had to buy an injector removal slide hammer which meant removing the tops of the old 3 injectors ive replaced, which makes them useless now

Its never anything easy with this car.

The injectors ive fitted had been laying around for a good year and a half, can i injectors become no good after sitting around for some time? Also i cleaned the nozzle on the injectors, didnt open them up or anything just cleaned the end of the injectors before fitting.
Old 31st May 2018, 16:29   #15
Rick-sta
This is my second home

Im getting a 1E25 - monitoring speed (rpm) sensor fault on toaf but i guess that is there because the car isnt starting? Says sporadic error whatever that means but the sensor must be working as its recorded the engine speed as 224.78 per min at the time of fault
Old 31st May 2018, 16:50   #16
Mickyboy
SERVICING AND DEALER DIAGNOSTICS

MG ZT CDTI 135 + & MGZT CDTI AUTO 160 & ROVER 75 TOURER CDTI 160 TROPHY YELLOW

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,141 Posts

Any chance of a clear TOAF picture, maybe it’s me looking on a mobile but I can’t see the readings clearly.
Why not swap another crankshaft sensor over if you have one, with all my experience of injectors I can say this, they can drop out of spec at anytime, but keeping them in storage shouldn’t cause this.
Mick
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

Jobs to do: ,replace drivers lock,.
[/SIZE]
Mickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2018, 11:17   #17
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

P1E25 is camshaft sensor

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2018, 14:54   #18
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

I have had the insulation go brittle and break off on the cable going into the plug on the camshaft sensor, so as you have disturbed it when changing the rocker cover, yours might have gone the same way.
Mike Noc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2018, 20:31   #19
Rick-sta
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
P1E25 is camshaft sensor

Brian
cheers Brian, well the camshaft sensor seems to be fine as I've swapped/tested with another diesel. Thoroughly checked the wiring (what I can see) and can't see any issues there either.

Quote:
Any chance of a clear TOAF picture, maybe it’s me looking on a mobile but I can’t see the readings clearly.
Why not swap another crankshaft sensor over if you have one, with all my experience of injectors I can say this, they can drop out of spec at anytime, but keeping them in storage shouldn’t cause this.
Mick
The readings are as follows mate:

Fuel low pressure: 3.34bar
Real air mass: 21.50 mg/hub Luft
Engine RPM: 305.00 1/min
Rail Pressure: 296.83bar
Boost Pressure: 900 mbar

these readings are taken whilst cranking.
Old 3rd June 2018, 20:47   #20
Mickyboy
SERVICING AND DEALER DIAGNOSTICS

MG ZT CDTI 135 + & MGZT CDTI AUTO 160 & ROVER 75 TOURER CDTI 160 TROPHY YELLOW

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,141 Posts

Fuel pressure 3.4bar eh is this a scoped medium measurement, what was the fluctuation figure lowest to highest or does TOAF only grab a snapshot during cranking
Mick
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

Jobs to do: ,replace drivers lock,.
[/SIZE]
Mickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote