Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 7th August 2018, 16:53   #1
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts
Default Guide on replacing fuel filter on v6? And what is the orange clip issue?

Is there a guide on how to replace the fuel filter on a v6? I know the filter is located under the rear seat on the passenger side and can be accessed via the access panel, but is it easy to do?

Also what is the orange clip issue on the v6? What problems does it cause and how is it resolved?

My v6 is still juddering badly now and again when pulling away from a stand still and also does it sometimes when I put my foot down whilst on the move. And sometimes if I take my foot off the accelerator it'll cut out at low speeds. Most times it restarts straight away unless "EP" shows up on the dash in which case it won't restart unless I disconnect the battery for a second. When it does start juddering, it feels as if the engine is cutting out and then immediately restarting, when the juddering happens the revs often drop right down to 0 (i.e. engine switched off) and then back up again constantly.

Strangely, at the end of last week I gave it a good thrashing driving it hard, and since then the issue is not so frequent, but it is still doing it now and again, and seems like it does it more when the engine is hot.

From the symptoms it feels like a blockage in the fuel system somewhere, as it feels very similar to when we had fuel issues with our TF which was caused by a bad fuel filter which was in need of replacement.

I've ruled out a gearbox issue for now as the car sometimes cuts out when it isn't even in gear. I'm not getting any fault codes apart from one relating to the immobiliser below.

- P1666 - Engine anti theft signal circuit malfunction (immobiliser issue?)

The car had been stood unused for 8 years so I'm wondering if there is an issue with the fuel filter after having such old fuel in the car.

So is there any guidance available on how to change the fuel filter, and also anyone have a link to the correct fuel filter for the v6? As not many places seem to supply it. Is this the correct filter? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Genui...sid=m570.l1313

Very pricey for a filter.

Also does anyone have any guides on the orange clip issue just so I can check that as well?

Cheers,
Rick
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote