Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26th January 2021, 17:03   #1
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts
Default Tourer rear tailgate glass remanufacture

Hi all,

Here's something I've been looking into for a couple years now since doing the first batch of Heated Windscreens.

Following on from this thread: https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...d.php?t=283460

Working with Ricky Evans Motorsport who done the heated windscreens for me, we've been looking into the possibility of having the rear ones remanufactured for the tourers. Couldn't initially find the drawings for the tourer rear screens, but after sending them one to take measurements from they have confirmed that they could produce them.

Unfortunately they can only produce the glass, and cannot produce the frame that the glass attaches to. I believe back when they used to be available, they were supplied already fitted to the frame.

Therefore, the old glass from the frame would need to be removed and the new glass bonded to the frame.

PRICE:

based on minimum order of 10pcs. the estimated price with tooling and the cost per screen is around £250 per screen. The larger the order, the cheaper the cost per screen would be.

Back when they were available from Autoglass looks like they were over 2 x that price although including fitting and I believe they came complete with the frame: https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...02&postcount=9

I originally started looking into this after buying my old Tourer as every single heater element line had failed on it so the rear screen demist didn't work at all. And pretty much all the replacement 2nd hand ones had at least 3 or 4 failed lines that I could find. Luckily eventually managed to get a good one from Mickeyboy with just 1 failed line right at the bottom. But trying to find a perfectly working one these days is rare.

So based on the updated info, just wanted to see how much interest there would be in these?

Cheers
Rick
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote