Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th June 2018, 09:32   #21
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickyboy View Post
Fuel pressure 3.4bar eh is this a scoped medium measurement, what was the fluctuation figure lowest to highest or does TOAF only grab a snapshot during cranking
Mick
Toaf only picks up the live data, so it just shows what the fuel pressure is at that moment, fuel pressure never dropped below 3 bar whilst cranking.
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2018, 09:35   #22
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-sta View Post
Toaf only picks up the live data, so it just shows what the fuel pressure is at that moment, fuel pressure never dropped below 3 bar whilst cranking.
Pop the originals back in and see if she fires...
Old 4th June 2018, 11:56   #23
Mickyboy
SERVICING AND DEALER DIAGNOSTICS

MG ZT CDTI 135 + & MGZT CDTI AUTO 160 & ROVER 75 TOURER CDTI 160 TROPHY YELLOW

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,141 Posts

Quote:
Have you got a spare cam & crank sensor to try ? if not I could send you one to try if that helps
3 bar should be ok to start it, as long as it doesn’t drop below 2.8 bar
Mick
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

Jobs to do: ,replace drivers lock,.
[/SIZE]
Mickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2018, 12:02   #24
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

A diesel will start with a minimum low pressure of 125 Kpa (1.25 Bar)

The camshaft sensor fault code, does it clear then reappear after a start attempt ?

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2018, 12:35   #25
Mickyboy
SERVICING AND DEALER DIAGNOSTICS

MG ZT CDTI 135 + & MGZT CDTI AUTO 160 & ROVER 75 TOURER CDTI 160 TROPHY YELLOW

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post

The camshaft sensor fault code, does it clear then reappear after a start attempt ?

Brian
Hi Brian
I thought that minimum operating pressure was of 2.8 bar [+ -] 0.2 bar, otherwise it would only run in limp mode, I presume at 125Kpa 1.25 bar that would then be running in limp mode to protect the high pressure pump
Mick
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

Jobs to do: ,replace drivers lock,.
[/SIZE]
Mickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2018, 12:49   #26
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by klarzy View Post
Pop the originals back in and see if she fires...
I can't refit the injectors as I had to use a slide hammer to get them out as they were badly seized up, so the old injectors are now no good.

Quote:
Have you got a spare cam & crank sensor to try ? if not I could send you one to try if that helps
3 bar should be ok to start it, as long as it doesn’t drop below 2.8 bar
Mick
I've already tried 3 different cam sensors, all which work on our other diesel perfectly fine so it's not the cam sensor. Checked all the wiring as well and can't see any issues there.

I have another crank sensor but don't want to touch that just yet because it's such a nightmare to get to. Need to rule out the injectors first before I start messing with other bits. Will hopefully have my hands on another set of injectors to try soon.

Quote:

Brian
Yes I clear it and after trying to start it up again the fault reappears. Dont know why as the 3 cam sensors I've tried all work on our other diesel, and as far as I can tell the wiring is fine.
Old 4th June 2018, 15:37   #27
marinabrian

MG ZT

Quote:
I can't refit the injectors as I had to use a slide hammer to get them out as they were badly seized up, so the old injectors are now no good.

I've already tried 3 different cam sensors, all which work on our other diesel perfectly fine so it's not the cam sensor. Checked all the wiring as well and can't see any issues there.

I have another crank sensor but don't want to touch that just yet because it's such a nightmare to get to. Need to rule out the injectors first before I start messing with other bits. Will hopefully have my hands on another set of injectors to try soon.

Yes I clear it and after trying to start it up again the fault reappears. Dont know why as the 3 cam sensors I've tried all work on our other diesel, and as far as I can tell the wiring is fine.
You need to recheck the wiring then Rick

You should have 12v on the red and white wire pin 1, and pin 2 yellow goes to CO606 pin 4 at the ECM and the brown in pin 3 goes to pin 17 of CO606 at the ECM.

CO606 is the central connector on the ECM

Brian
Old 4th June 2018, 16:16   #28
Rick-sta
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
You need to recheck the wiring then Rick

You should have 12v on the red and white wire pin 1, and pin 2 yellow goes to CO606 pin 4 at the ECM and the brown in pin 3 goes to pin 17 of CO606 at the ECM.

CO606 is the central connector on the ECM

Brian
cheers Brian, just checked the voltage readings on those three wires. with the ignition on (not whilst cranking - couldn't check that as I'm on my own so got no one to help me at the moment), i have 12.6v at pin 1, 12.6v at pin 2 but no voltage at pin 3. Should there be some power at pin 3 with the ignition on?

I've just tried cranking the engine again several times after clearing the faults and no faults are now appearing, so the cam sensor fault seems to have gone away. Wonder if this fault may have been coming up the other day when the battery was running low and had to connect up jump leads.
Old 4th June 2018, 18:14   #29
marinabrian

MG ZT

Quote:
cheers Brian, just checked the voltage readings on those three wires. with the ignition on (not whilst cranking - couldn't check that as I'm on my own so got no one to help me at the moment), i have 12.6v at pin 1, 12.6v at pin 2 but no voltage at pin 3. Should there be some power at pin 3 with the ignition on?

I've just tried cranking the engine again several times after clearing the faults and no faults are now appearing, so the cam sensor fault seems to have gone away. Wonder if this fault may have been coming up the other day when the battery was running low and had to connect up jump leads.
Ok so you have voltage on pin one, now check with a multimeter the continuity of the yellow and the brown from the CMP plug back to the ECM

Brian
Old 7th June 2018, 08:30   #30
Rick-sta
This is my second home

good news guys all up and running again! had a set of replacement injectors sent to me yesterday. many thanks to Andrew (Shiner) at Beech Hill Garage for sending them, really appreciate it.

Fitted them and after turning over a couple of times she fired up and has been running fine since, running better in fact

Looks like those injectors I had fitted were no good and was the cause for my car not starting, so those have gone in the bin

Many thanks for your help all