Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 10th June 2022, 18:28   #1
NewDoc
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Weird indicator fault

Hi everyone again. We recently stripped the interior of the 75 saloon in order to dry out the carpet and find the leak causing the wetness. That was all good and leak found and repaired so put everything back checking a few connectors along the way. Nothing horrible was found and the seats went back in today. turned the key and the engine fired into life. Checked the lights, they work. Checked the indicators and they worked for around a second then a bulb fault popped up. Ok, I thought, cars been stood a while just a blown bulb. That was swapped and still the fault persisted. All the other indicators work just not the rear nearside one. I cant find the fuses for them and would be surprised if they all had individual fuses anyway. Its blown my head a little to think that just one indicator isn't working when all the others are fine.
Does anyone have any ideas and are the indicators individually fused?
cheers
Dave
Born: 2003-10-20 @14:58:12
NewDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2022, 18:45   #2
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

The indicator bulbs are not fused separately no.

Check the plug for that tail light cluster. I've seen it several times now where the pins inside the plug have corroded (due to the boot getting wet at some point) and causing connection problems.

Also check the connection where the bulb fits is clean.

And just double check the replacement bulb you've fitted hasn't also blown. To be sure, swap the indicator bulb between the two rear light clusters.
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2022, 10:46   #3
NewDoc
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

Hello everyone again. The problem has now been resolved, it turned out to be a corroded terminal in the plug to the headlight control unit. We replaced that recently and cleaned the plug. Obviously not enough. Another removal and actually taking out the offending pins to female pins to clean individually did the trick. All this is in no means my idea. Big big thanks to my 4th emergency service and guru to all things Rover, Russ. Without his help on the phone last night I think I would have been at a loss. Thank Big Russ.
Born: 2003-10-20 @14:58:12
NewDoc is offline   Reply With Quote