Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 29th July 2018, 18:11   #21
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Yes Dave mentioned it on Friday, and was saying your girlfriend's car is a lighter shade than the ZT.

Loads of fun eh?

Brian
The other way around, the TF is an earlier plate (52 plate) and is no. 10 of 43 typhoon TF's and is quite considerably darker than my ZT which is a later model (53 plate). I've found from all the typhoons I've seen and parked with at shows over the last few years, the shade of typhoon changed from darker to lighter at around 03 or 53 plate, which is what the guys on the mono page said as well. But no one seems to know for certain exactly where it changed.

Makes getting it sprayed an ever bigger headache. Who said owning a monogram was a good idea?!

Quote:
An off the wall suggestion maybe, but flights from Edinburgh to Stansted are available from £14.99 so you could think about heading further north first by train or coach!! Depends on your dates and timings of course but it could actually be the cheapest option.
I have considered that as I saw an add for flights from Edinburgh to London being cheaper. I'll check that out.

Quote:
A shame as Rick will be two miles due east of Newcastle airport though
Yeah is a shame, a flight back to Southend airport would have been perfect.

Quote:
Just walk, Rick...
Genuinely considering power walking it. I'll pack my Singh shoes.

Quote:
1. Do not use Trainline or similar (hidden charges), nor National Rail. The best fares with any TOC (operator) are on their own website (except for the short add-ons)

2. Either use a ticket for the whole journey, or split tickets (come to that later).
Find the train operator covering the bulk of your journey, and firstly try a ticket just for their portion; then try adding in the other short legs at either end. Often the main TOC will add those legs for a nominal fee, often a £1 or so.

3.Remember ticket prices vary by time of day. Also booking ahead with some operators gets massive discounts, which will decrease the later you book.

4.Use split ticketing for different portions, even sometimes within the same TOC area. This can have massive savings, but remember if using TOC A, then TOC B, if the train A is delayed such that you miss train B, & the ticket for the 2nd train if specific to a certain time, it is then invalid with no refunds. If booked as a single journey however, it is valid on later trains if you miss a connection.

5.Also, delays get refunds, can be as little as 15 mins.

6.For an "expensive" journey, look at buying a railcard - various types - which give usually 1/3 off. This can offset the (£30?) purchase price and still give you discount, and is valid for a year.

Rail travel is NOT as expensive as the media promotes. And remember that rail fares structure was established by the Govt. at privatisation, along with the annual increases. The TOC has VERY limited ability to change prices, except for "bargain" fare offers.

Stewart
Cheers Stewart

A few have warned about the additional charges websites like trainline add on.

I've looked into splitting the tickets but it actually made it more expensive it's because the majority of the travel I would be doing on 1 line between Newcastle and Kings Cross.

I also looked into the rail cards but the saving was completely offset by the cost of the rail card every time.
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2018, 18:18   #22
jackatesme
This is my second home

rover 75 saloon.Renault Captur 1.5 diesel.

Thanked 1,242 Times in 702 Posts

If you had ginger hair talked with a Welsh accent and looked as old as me,you could borrow my bus pass.
3,021 of 4,744 Connie SE
239 of 1.685 Platinum Gold.
"Maralyn": Platinum Blonde,Troublesome,Unpredictable.
jackatesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2018, 01:21   #23
75c
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

I must be doing something wrong because every time I go to england I find it cheaper to use trainline than any other way of buying tickets. I'd be interested to see a comparison between a return ticket from Liverpool to Glasgow on trainline and one booked direct if anybody who is convinced it's cheaper to book direct can demonstrate how.

For example, my next trip, leaving liverpool lime street on 30th august off peak, returning on september 4th, also off peak.
75c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2018, 06:13   #24
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

There's always the Pony Express system operated on here...............

233,509. Thats our 3rd meet done. Might go again next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2018, 07:23   #25
visfix
Gets stuck in

Peugeot 508 GT

What dates are we talking? My beetle is currently in bits while I sort the alternator, but if I get it sorted then I have a spare car?
visfix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2018, 07:26   #26
operamagorum
Loves to post

BMW 330i Touring

Worth checking out a one-way car hire. It's always worked out the cheapest for me. I use Enterprise, but there's loads who do it. Geoff
operamagorum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2018, 07:59   #27
flying_pig
I believe i can fly

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by planenut View Post
How much if you want to come back?
Comming back on 4th of August £44 each
flying_pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2018, 09:38   #28
Ken Lion
Gets stuck in

R75 2.0 CDT Club SE Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75c View Post
I must be doing something wrong because every time I go to england I find it cheaper to use trainline than any other way of buying tickets. I'd be interested to see a comparison between a return ticket from Liverpool to Glasgow on trainline and one booked direct if anybody who is convinced it's cheaper to book direct can demonstrate how.

For example, my next trip, leaving liverpool lime street on 30th august off peak, returning on september 4th, also off peak.
I was also perplexed by that so I did a couple of random checks on National Rail Enquiries compared to Virgin (West Coast line) and the fares were the same.

On the railcards point, Ricksta, I assume you know that the £30 for a 2-together railcard covers both passengers but you both get 1/3 off.
We more than covered the cost of that on a trip from Mancs to Shrewsbury.
Ken Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2018, 09:46   #29
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying_pig View Post
Comming back on 4th of August £44 each
Hmm, still not bad.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2018, 09:55   #30