Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 1st November 2015, 14:30   #31
Shawn
Banned

Connoisseur SE MK2 diesel auto

My boot floor looks like a Papadum I am inspired to get some 10mm thick ply myself now and emulate that!
Thanks!
Shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2015, 14:47   #32
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default But..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-sta View Post
Built and fitted a new boot floor today using MDF, got rid of the old flimsy one and was so badly bowed.

I've made it so now only the centre of the boot floor lifts up when accessing the spare wheel, rather than having to lift the whole carpet. That way I dont have to remove my sub everytime I want to access the spare wheel well.

Pretty happy with the finish, nice and clean now
I hope you've sealed that MDF It hates even the slightest dampness. If it gets damp, it will swell quite badly and go really out of shape.
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2015, 15:20   #33
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saga Lout View Post
I hope you've sealed that MDF It hates even the slightest dampness. If it gets damp, it will swell quite badly and go really out of shape.
True, better off with 15mm marine ply...
Old 1st November 2015, 17:10   #34
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by david75 View Post
Hi Rick
Did you re-use the original carpet or get a new bit?
Yeah I accidently bought the wrong replacement carpet which didnt have the thick soft layer under it, so I've used the original carpet underneath and wrapped it in a new black carpet.

Quote:
Rick, great mod! I, like so many others, am mightily impressed by your modification of the boot floor. It looks so much better (and much more practical) than the original MGR design. Thank you very much for sharing this excellent idea!
Thanks Dale appreciate the comments and no problem

Quote:
Joe here. I was chatting to you on your FB post. After looking at it I think I will opt for a 10 inch. I might even try looking for a slim woofer.
Really nice job on yours but I dont have the time to do what you did!
Hi Joe 10 inch is good, mines a 12 inch was a bit boomy in it's original sub box. I got mine second hand from gumtree, can get some really good deals on there and ebay.

The boot floor took about 3 hours to do, once you've cut the mdf to size, the fidly part is cutting the right size hole to refit the boot floor handle, and then its a matter of glueing the new carpet on

Quote:
My boot floor looks like a Papadum I am inspired to get some 10mm thick ply myself now and emulate that!
Thanks!
haha cheers Shawn

Quote:
No thats something I didn't do but probably should have. I've fixed all the leaks so have no leaks in the boot now. will just be something I'd have to keep an eye on
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2015, 17:13   #35
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Which Alpine head unit are you using to power it?

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2015, 17:19   #36
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
Which Alpine head unit are you using to power it?
Mines an Alpine CDE-9870R, have had it for years now. My dad originally bought it for his first 75, it's been in 3 other cars since including my ZT.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ALPINE-CDE-9.../dp/B000NRYZPG
Old 1st November 2015, 17:37   #37
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

My favourite 90's Alpine was the 7525r which I sold when I moved towards AV. I regretted it and spent about two years finding another on eBay with an internal amp problem which I bought to use with an external amp for the coupe. In the mean time the kit out of the cooper S was fitted instead which is a DVA 9861Ri

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
Old 1st November 2015, 17:45   #38
Rick-sta
This is my second home

I think the DVA 9861Ri was the replacement for my headunit by Alpine? I remember seeing those in my local audio store a while after my dad bought ours
Old 1st November 2015, 18:37   #39
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
My favourite 90's Alpine was the 7525r which I sold when I moved towards AV. I regretted it and spent about two years finding another on eBay with an internal amp problem which I bought to use with an external amp for the coupe. In the mean time the kit out of the cooper S was fitted instead which is a DVA 9861Ri
I used to sell those! £499 retail, and 406 through my staff discount, but at the time my budget was only 300 for the head unit, so I went for the 7521, which I adored. sold it 9 years old with a car, and like you, have regretted it til now Alpine 148 bt, 4 volt pre outs, Bluetooth, no CD (who uses CDs now lol), app compatible (makes a huge difference to the sound) and most importantly rear USB output,extended to the centre console cubby.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2015, 19:44   #40
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
I used to sell those! £499 retail, and 406 through my staff discount, but at the time my budget was only 300 for the head unit, so I went for the 7521, which I adored. sold it 9 years old with a car, and like you, have regretted it til now Alpine 148 bt, 4 volt pre outs, Bluetooth, no CD (who uses CDs now lol), app compatible (makes a huge difference to the sound) and most importantly rear USB output,extended to the centre console cubby.
It was an expensive head unit at the time and Alpines flagship head unit. After fitting the DVA in the coupe with one of myTME 580 widescreen units I need to get another car for the 7525