Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18th January 2022, 22:14   #13
JettaGLI

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickshaw View Post
Well , for me , the threat of a potential sunroof leak does not put me off for two reasons :-
• There are enough guides around as to how to fix this .
• The simple preventative solution of running tape around the edge of the sunroof is easy to apply and looks perfectly ok.

I have a 2002 Saloon with Sunroof – to which I have applied the simple tape solution. Before doing this I did enjoy the delights of having the roof open but the days in the year one can do this are limited. I do , however , enjoy the extra light let into the cabin – and the glass alone does this well.

As with my other 75’s , the real joy is simply driving such a smooth , comfortable , well turned out truly British car – one in which I can get extra light into the cabin. So , unless there was a real sign of a bad leak , I would have probably gone for the car mentioned , taped up the sunroof and been perfectly happy to live like that. As for a belt , well that’s a pretty standard thing in time anyway.

Sometime I may apply the fix to the front drains but I am not in any hurry – the car is just a dream to drive and that more than makes up for having a closed up sunroof.
That’s bang on! I agree with everything you mentioned (that’s why it took me a while to decide as I thought of this yesterday too), still yet to commit as now the problem is I realised the cars overdue a cam belt change as mentioned above (done twice, the 2nd time in 2014/15, meaning another one due in 2020/21, granted would last longer than 6yrs but not sure I’d be willing to do it right away) - otherwise would have gone for it. What I was thinking was if I’d add 500 cam belt budget on top of the car, that’ll bring it to 2,000+, which I could find a example with better cosmetic conditions (that panel colour difference really bothers me) and probably with belt and other bits done

Edit: just out of interest, any specific tape you’d recommend?

Last edited by JettaGLI; 18th January 2022 at 23:41..
JettaGLI is offline   Reply With Quote