Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th December 2015, 10:01   #1
RyanH
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Cruise control retrofit

Hi just a quick one where do I have to look to see if I have the wiring in plaice to add cruise control to my car it's 2004 cdti connie
RyanH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2015, 10:06   #2
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

Have a look behind the switch panel on the centre consol (under the heater controls where the heated seats switches usually are) for a small black plug which is for the cruise control master switch. If you have this plug you have the wiring in place for cc. You may need to remove the ac controls for better access
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2015, 10:06   #3
freck
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT Connie Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanH View Post
Hi just a quick one where do I have to look to see if I have the wiring in plaice to add cruise control to my car it's 2004 cdti connie
Have a look behind your switch panel in the centre console above the cup holder.
Mine had plugs for the cruise master switch and traction control switch wrapped in foam in the central slot. The blue one is TC and a black one for cruise.
The control unit wiring is behind the glovebox against the bulkhead.

Mods planned - Cruise retrofit - Done, ZT front bumper - Done, 160 remap - Done...and probably one or two more

This vehicle was the 15,751st 75 Tourer to run off the production line, out of 27,407
This vehicle was the 3,726th 75 Tourer CDT Connoisseur to be made out of 4,100
This vehicle was the 732nd 75 Tourer in Starlight Silver (code: MBB) to be made out of 4,100 Starlight Silver 75 Tourers
freck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2015, 16:43   #4
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts
Default Cruise control........

Remember if retrofitting cruise control to a diesel, it will not work correctly unless the ZCS coding is altered to suit

Big Russ can sort this out for your, and give your car a healthcheck while he's on

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2015, 16:49   #5
marinabrian

MG ZT

Quote:
Does your car have electric seats? if so it will most likely have the wiring for cruise control......

In the main if a car left the factory with electric seats, it will have the wiring for cruise too

As pointed out before, the master switch wiring will be wrapped in dark grey foam behind the switch panel above the centre console cup holder, and the cruise ECU wiring will be above the passenger compartment fusebox

Brian
Old 8th December 2015, 16:57   #6
Duotone
This is my second home

This is what you are looking for..

Dave T
Duotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2015, 17:53   #7
RyanH
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Does your car have electric seats? if so it will most likely have the wiring for cruise control......

In the main if a car left the factory with electric seats, it will have the wiring for cruise too

As pointed out before, the master switch wiring will be wrapped in dark grey foam behind the switch panel above the centre console cup holder, and the cruise ECU wiring will be above the passenger compartment fusebox

Brian
Yes i have the electric heated memory seats. Is there a trick to getting said panel out or just brute force to dark now as i just got home from work but will have a look tommorow as i do alot of motorway driving and CC is a must for me.
Thanks to everyone thats posted
RyanH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2015, 17:59   #8
marinabrian

MG ZT

Quote:
Yes i have the electric heated memory seats. Is there a trick to getting said panel out or just brute force to dark now as i just got home from work but will have a look tommorow as i do alot of motorway driving and CC is a must for me.
Thanks to everyone thats posted
open the cigar lighter hatch and you will be able to get your finger behind and unclip the switch fascia panel.

I'm fairly certain if you have heated seats, you will have the wiring in place

In Dave's picture in the post above, the plug for the cruise master switch is second from left

Russ isn't that far away from you, and I'm sure would be delighted to assist you in your retrofit

Brian
Old 8th December 2015, 21:26   #9
Abbadon
Avid contributor

MG ZT+

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
open the cigar lighter hatch and you will be able to get your finger behind and unclip the switch fascia panel.

I'm fairly certain if you have heated seats, you will have the wiring in place

In Dave's picture in the post above, the plug for the cruise master switch is second from left

Russ isn't that far away from you, and I'm sure would be delighted to assist you in your retrofit

Brian
If you had a car like my first, with no extra buttons in that panel, all my loom was tucked well away behind the air con controls, right at back, couldn't see or get to them until i had all the climate control and ashtray assembly out....
Abbadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2015, 21:35   #10
freck
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT Connie Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbadon View Post
If you had a car like my first, with no extra buttons in that panel, all my loom was tucked well away behind the air con controls, right at back, couldn't see or get to them until i had all the climate control and ashtray assembly out....
OP has already said he has heated seats and is a Connie, so will most likely have the looms required as mine did (mine's a 2003)
It's a nice simple retrofit, I did mine in about 3 hours including fitting switches to the steering wheel, even with a broken left hand!
Give BigRuss a PM too Ryan, as Brian said he'll be able to get the cruise fully functional with T4. Get him to do you a remap too, it's well worth it.

Mods planned - Cruise retrofit - Done, ZT front bumper - Done, 160 remap - Done...and probably one or two more

This vehicle was the 15,751st 75 Tourer to run off the production line, out of 27,407
This vehicle was the 3,726th 75 Tourer CDT Connoisseur to be made out of 4,100
This vehicle was the 732nd 75 Tourer in Starlight Silver (code: MBB) to be made out of 4,100 Starlight Silver 75 Tourers
freck is offline   Reply With Quote