Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Traders Shops & Members Spares For-Sale > MG Rover Custom Car Parts (Rick-Sta's) Shop
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 27th April 2023, 08:55   #11
scoubix
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon 2.5L V6 auto Connoisseur, "Dealer Launch" LHD / MG ZT-T 260 auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktake View Post
Oooo, instructions and a link would be most appreciated.
Well I would have to dig out my Resler USB interface and my XP/T4 laptop to grab a few screenshots.
I actually enabled it on my cars through another mean, I have Intravee setups in both for iPod connectivity and the Intravee also allows for limited LCM coding, including this indicator lazy function, which also enables you to select the number of blinks (3, 4, 5...)
Old 27th April 2023, 09:09   #12
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoubix View Post
Just wondering why you'd need special hardware to achieve this as I've had this in both of my cars, early 75 and ZT-T 260, for years ?
There's a hidden feature in the LSM that does just that, you can code it with Navcoder for instance, or other BMW iBus tools such as BMW Scanner...
Well all previous documentation on this forum on this subject and all advise from the t4 and techy guru's have all said this function could not be enabled on our standard LSMs, so this is the first I'm hearing that it can be done. The only person I know to achieve it another way was by installing a newer LSM from a BMW.
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2023, 09:34   #13
scoubix
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon 2.5L V6 auto Connoisseur, "Dealer Launch" LHD / MG ZT-T 260 auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-sta View Post
Well all previous documentation on this forum on this subject and all advise from the t4 and techy guru's have all said this function could not be enabled on our standard LSMs, so this is the first I'm hearing that it can be done. The only person I know to achieve it another way was by installing a newer LSM from a BMW.
I'll take some time later today (work permitting) to do some video of my cars to show you the thing...
Old 27th April 2023, 12:47   #14
scoubix
Gets stuck in

Right, so here's a quick video showing you the thing on my ZT-T...

As explained in the video I did connect with Navcoder to check it out but couldn't find the option in there, I might have wrongly assumed Navcoder could do it. In any case I activated it on my cars with Intravee, as explained in the videos. One would also have to look at Toaf to see if the option is in there, I'm not that familiar with Toaf myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csybDyYy53E
Old 28th April 2023, 16:27   #15
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoubix View Post
Right, so here's a quick video showing you the thing on my ZT-T...

As explained in the video I did connect with Navcoder to check it out but couldn't find the option in there, I might have wrongly assumed Navcoder could do it. In any case I activated it on my cars with Intravee, as explained in the videos. One would also have to look at Toaf to see if the option is in there, I'm not that familiar with Toaf myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csybDyYy53E
That's interesting, never heard of intravee. Sounds like it's not a viable option for everyone though as you say it's not made anymore so is no longer available new. I've come across two used Intravee II units on ebay both over £100 each so it's more expensive than what I'm offering. Also this would only work if you have the highline factory BMW head unit, which I do not on both my ZT's.

There's no option on toaf to enable the 3 flashes of the indicators. Another member on here who's very techy when it comes to these sort of things only achieved enabling this option by fitting a LSM from a different BMW, so if there was a way to enable this function on our factory LSMs I think he would have found it. I have no idea how the intravee interface works (this is the first I've heard of it), but I wonder if it's that which is controlling the 3 flashes of the indicators rather than some hidden feature being unlocked on the LSM.

If I had a factory highline head unit set up in one of mine, I would most likely fit the Intravee interface as looks pretty interesting from your video.

This option I'm offering can however be fitted to any 75 or ZT and I've designed it to be as close to plug and play as possible, without the need to change the LSM and no need for a T4 session etc.

Loving it in mine so far
Old 28th April 2023, 22:42   #16
scoubix
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-sta View Post
That's interesting, never heard of intravee. Sounds like it's not a viable option for everyone though as you say it's not made anymore so is no longer available new. I've come across two used Intravee II units on ebay both over £100 each so it's more expensive than what I'm offering. Also this would only work if you have the highline factory BMW head unit, which I do not on both my ZT's.

There's no option on toaf to enable the 3 flashes of the indicators. Another member on here who's very techy when it comes to these sort of things only achieved enabling this option by fitting a LSM from a different BMW, so if there was a way to enable this function on our factory LSMs I think he would have found it. I have no idea how the intravee interface works (this is the first I've heard of it), but I wonder if it's that which is controlling the 3 flashes of the indicators rather than some hidden feature being unlocked on the LSM.

If I had a factory highline head unit set up in one of mine, I would most likely fit the Intravee interface as looks pretty interesting from your video.

This option I'm offering can however be fitted to any 75 or ZT and I've designed it to be as close to plug and play as possible, without the need to change the LSM and no need for a T4 session etc.

Loving it in mine so far
Intravee setups used to pop up some time back (bought mine in 2013 for the 75 and then when I bought the V8 in late 2016 I knew I wanted one in there as well and found one again). To use them as iPod interfaces one also needs the Alpine KCA-420i interface, as the Intravee is essentially an BMW iBus interface to Alpine's own bus at the time used on several modules such as this iPod one. There's also a DAB tuner available out there but even rarer...
And yes you're correct they only make sense when having Hiline, and even more when they've been upgraded to BMW mk4 units such as mine have. But really, Intravee is filled with nice little features. The initial creator of Intravee died unfortunately many years ago but his work was then picked up by someone (RichardP on here) who kept on improving the firmware, including updating some of it for our own cars. that work has stopped now as well, but it is still much appreciated.
There's plenty of threads about it on here, I think I might have contributed myself to those at the time.

And the more I think about it, I suspect, as you do, that the lazy blinkers feature of Intravee is done by the Intravee itself. Navcoder has an iBus decoder feature that displays iBus messages in real time, would have to take a look at it but I would probably find the answer in there. And the Intravee feature is actually a "minimum number of blinks", that's how it's described in its user manual, which means it probably blinks for the number of times you set it up, regardless of how long the indicator stalk remains in position left or right...hence giving you the comfort of lazy indicators in a different way.

Sorry to have initially doubted your nice little mod, indeed a nice one for those who want such a thing

Last edited by scoubix; 28th April 2023 at 22:48..
scoubix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2023, 07:24   #17
Geoff130
Loves to post

MG ZT 190, Rover 75 CDTi, Honda VFR 750, Honda CB550F

As Scoubix says, I set this up through my Intravee, no other mods required, you can set the trigger time, number of flashes and I'm not sure it's legal but you can use fog lights as indicators. There are some features that won't work with Rover 75's but most do, you can set up DRL's here too, access vehicle status and read all the hardware and software versions of the nav computer, radio, headunit and tv tuner. It's not a cheap option though and if you don't have the highline setup not easy either.
Geoff130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2023, 14:35   #18
Maxfly
Loves to post

MG ZT 190 SE

Yes Rick, I would be interested in this 👍
Maxfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2023, 15:47   #19
Rick-sta
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
Yes Rick, I would be interested in this 👍
PM on it's way
Old 2nd May 2023, 20:02   #20
Maxfly
Loves to post

MG ZT 190 SE

Quote: