Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23rd October 2020, 08:05   #11
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

I had a similar problem a few years ago. Several days after the incident a low loader arrived at my house to collect the car. I knew nothing about this and the driver produced a document saying that the company he worked for had purchased the car from the insurance company. I refused to let him have the car and while he was there contacted my insurance company. They had apparently written my car off and sold it on and apparently my cheque was in the post.

I explained to the helpful person that this was the first I had heard of it and I wanted to keep the car.

Apparently the car had been inspected and written off. Needless to say the person who was supposed to be collecting the car was disappointed and I bought it off the insurance company. It cost me £380 to repair and some how the car avoided having any classification put on the V5.

You need to be careful as I have heard of cars being removed with out the owners knowledge, they will smash the windows and put a chain through it to take it.

Speak to your insurance company ASAP and get in writing from them what ever you arrange with them.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote